Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Self-Promotion and Social Justice

I'm a recorded artist!
So last winter I recorded a few tracks for an album called "Dare the Untried" with a Chicago-based group named Voices. I was really excited to be asked to play on this because I've been listening to their music ever since I was a little kid and my parents took the fam to one of their concerts in a big old church on the North Side. I used to play Voices cassettes in my car on the way to high school. They sing both traditional and original folk music, mostly with themes of social justice, civil rights, and non-violence. 
The new album is all original music by current Voices members, and you can hear clips of it (or even order the CD or download the mp3) at http://cdbaby.com/cd/voiceschicago. I play viola on 'Eyes Wide Open', 'The One I See' and 'About the Boys'. 
I'm really excited about how the CD turned out. Let me know what you think. 

No comments: